The Naked Blog

From child to adult, from blushing and shy to delivering seminars in front of 100's of nudists. My name is Abby Turner, I am retired but continue to council people through seminars and private sessions.

My original blog will be posted here as well as new posts because I believe the information is important and well worth the time and energy. Original posting dates may not stay the same but may reflect the date I moved the post. I've been asked not to delete my original blog, sending it to the dark, nowhere void of the internet space; that being said, I will move the information here.

Please bare with me, it will be very time consuming and emotional at times. I will also include Lisa's posts as I believe her posts were and still are very valuable and informative to common issues, topics and discussions.





Monday

In the Shower

After working out with my niece, we headed for the shower. The shower of course is much like ones at most high schools; a community shower that can probably hold up to 15 or 20 people at one time. A couple of ladies were discussing if it was appropriate for a friend to be showering with their daughter (age 10). Of course both ladies thought that was pushing the "limits" as far as a mother or father showering with a teenager.

My niece, Lisa (13), asked the ladies a blunt and very pointed question. "Why does age have anything to do with showering together?"
The two women of course stared at her blankly when one spoke asking if she would be comfortable showering with her mom or dad at the age she is now.  Lisa responded explaining, that she would feel more uncomfortable showering with strangers than with a parent. "Besides" Lisa pointed to me, "I'm showering with Aunt and two ladies I don't even know".

That ended the debate immediately and the two ladies agreed that it would be more uncomfortable with strangers, yet here we all are in the shower together. One of the ladies smiled and said "you are a very smart young lady".

Need more be said? What about showering with her dad?  Well, Lisa does. When we go to swimming pools at one of the resorts, we are all naked. So what?

And there are times when we have all walked in on each other either showering, getting dressed (if clothes are required for something), this is all a "big deal" because of the way people are brought up. For a nudist, there is often the question of... "What's the big deal? Is there a problem?"

No comments: